Unicom Intelligence Showcase
CATI with interactive section (CATIWeb)
There are some cases when it is necessary to provide visual information to the respondents, even during a CATI interview. For instance, we'd like to ask about a commercial, and want to know whether the respondents remember seeing that commercial. Additionally, we also want to collect the respondents’ first impression on several visuals, by tracking the time the respondent spent on each of them. We need a solution to display the actual images, without abandoning the original CATI interview. Then, the interview should continue and finish in the regular CATI fashion.
- At the beginning of the interactive section, the interviewer collects the respondent’s email address.
- We send a survey link to this email address. This link can be used only once, and only in connection with the original CATI interview. That is, if the original interview is closed, the link won’t be usable anymore.
- The respondent opens the link and informs the interviewer when they see the welcome screen.
- The interviewer has a button to control when the respondent screen should be updated. Once the button is pressed, the respondent’s screen refreshes almost instantly. We can use this method to show different content for different questions, e.g. we can test multiple product visuals.
- The respondent can’t answer questions directly using their browser screen. However, they are able to zoom into the visuals if required.
- When the interview is complete, the respondent’s browser screen is automatically redirected to a Thank you page.
- Easily collect user impressions on existing commercials, visuals etc.
- Test different concepts using both direct and indirect ways. For instance, we can display 4 possible visuals for an upcoming product as an image carousel, and measure the time the respondent spent on each of them before moving to the next one.
Recurring interview handling
Some studies can span through several months to collect recurring information from the same respondents. In such a case, we were asked to create a unified platform to list all previous interviews, making it possible for each respondent to continue pending ones.
We created a summary interface for each respondent to collect and list pending and completed interviews, with the ability to continue incomplete ones at any time. Naturally, they could also start new interviews. It is important to note that the interface is not an independent web page, it is completely integrated into the survey script – therefore, it has direct access to all relevant information of all interviews.
- Keep track of recurring interviews for the same respondent.
- Handle multiple interviews regardless of time frames.
- Clients can get feedback about their products based on real time continous usage.